Isonic vs Kirmuss vinyl record cleaner

I am considering purchasing a Kirmuss or Isonic ultrasonic record cleaner. Insights from those with experience with either of these Ultrasonic record cleaners would be appreciated. I currently use a VPI 16.5 vacuum machine now; Will ultrasonic cleaning in general be a noticeable improvement over the VPI? Thanks for your help
sgunther
@sgunther

I purchased the Isonic record cleaning system when it came out about 2 years ago. I purchased it at Amazon. The price at the time was very reasonable ($425). I was looking for a system that would clean more than one record at a time. The Isonic system gave me the ability to clean 5 records at a time, had a heating system and a timing control from 5 to 30 minute cycles. It is industrial quality built and is pretty quiet because the tank is insulated, not noisy like those tin can boxes they sell on eBay. I like being able to use different chemicals of my choice when cleaning records. Like you I also own a VPI 16.5. It has served me well over the past 25 years. Ultrasonic machines are far superior to vacuum machines. Yes they do a better job and you will hear a difference.

Lets talk about the Kirmuss system. The Kirmuss tank is made by Isonic. The Kirmuss tank is the iSonic P4875 with a software and screen change made for Kirmuss to make it different from the Isonic. The top of the Kirmuss system is unique with the ability to clean 2 12 in lps a 78 and a 45 all at the same time. It has a nice belt drive and roller system to turn the records while in the tank. I became interested in the KIrmuss system when it came out and Michael Fremer did a review of it. After doing a little research I found out that I could purchase the top piece of the Kirmuss system through Upscale Audio.They sell an upgraded version of the top lid which gives you the ability to clean 3 12 inch lps and a 45 at the same time. I like that because I don’t own any 78 records. I have found that the Kirmuss method of restoring records as they call it, not cleaning them is far superior to any other method out there. Yes it is a little bit of a PITA but the results are far worth it. I have records that had surface noise and pops that I could never get rid of and after using the Kirmuss system these records are dead quiet and sound amazing.

I have owned several cleaning machines over my 50 years of spinning records ( Disc Washer, VPI, SpinClean, Loricraft, Hannl, Audio Desk just to name a few) and have used almost every cleaning solution that came out on the market. I have tried them all, gave them all a fair shot to prove their claims. The winner is the Kirmuss system. If you are going to invest in a system I would check out Upscale Audio. I have no connection with Upscale Audio, I am just a customer.

https://www.upscaleaudio.com/collections/kirmuss-audio
Will ultrasonic cleaning in general be a noticeable improvement over the VPI? Thanks for your help

That depends on your technique and the cleaning fluid.  If you use AIVS enzyme fluids, and do several rinse steps, you can get records reasonably clean.  The VPI is a mediocre vacuum but useable. The issue with this method is the amount of time it takes to clean a single record plus it's messy.
Ultrasonic cleaning can take less time and depending on the setup you choose, can clean multiple records at a time.  Again depending on your setup, fluids and methods Ultrasonic can give excellent results.

Re: Kirmuss - it's pretty close to the bottom of my list. 

For discussion on the Kirmuss and other RCMs:
https://www.whatsbestforum.com/forums/record-cleaning-and-related-topics.393/

Isonic is not a manufacturer, they sell a product made overseas, we use the same manufacturer but where we have our own factory as an interim step where we make our own changes to unit including changes to resonance as well as adding our patented processes and as well our suspension cover with proper record spacing. The motor Isonic uses with a rotisserie style skewer damages the records and where the records are not spaced correctly, therefore negatively affecting the desired result of cavitation.  A sonic machine cannot clean let alone restore  a record  as we have been independently proven to do, let alone remove the release agent just by using a mono polar cleaner. To this:  Never use any cleaning fluids that are not expressed in writing, also then compare the ingredients to the PVC Chemical Compatibility List  so one does not damage the records. Further our suspension system is just that, does not damage the record, our process does not wet the label, restores the record to the needle point. Nore where this product does not see cleaning action on all grooves. 
Since it is apparently not an option to purchase A Kirmuss KA-RC-1 machine i started to investigate the alternatives and that led me the isonic and that research led me to this discussion.

I also read Michael Fremer’s review and as i trust his years of knowledge i made the choice to purchase a Kirmuss KA-RC-1 unit. Unfortunately repeated attempts to communicate with Kirmuss have been ignored, i have sent an email and used the contact form on the shop page of the web site, no reply.

It is listed as unavailable on Amazon Prime (my preference, since shipping to Alaska is Expensive.)

I can only surmise that it is not available OR if it is, that Kirmuss is NOT INTERESTED in selling them.

Perhaps  they are available or there is good reason they are not available, (world wide pandemic) but there is no good reason to not respond to inquiries from potential customers.