Isolation footers for amps

I'm looking for advice/recommendations for isolation footers for my amp -- an Audio Research D300 (solid state). Currently I have it mounted on a free-standing 4" thick maple block, with spiked-tipped brass footers anchoring the base to the carpet on top of a basement (cement) floor. Would I obtain any additional sonic benefits by placing after-market isolation devices between the amp and the maple stand? I should add here that I'm not looking to spend a great deal of money on this... something more in the range of $100-200. Options in roughly that range I've found on line include Audio Prism Isobearings, Herbie's Tender Footers, and Mapleshape's brass footers. My (perhaps imperfect) understanding is that the first two are meant to isolate a component from vibrations in the room (including those from other components), while the third is supposed to help 'drain" vibrations from the component in question itself, thereby minimizing their transference to the audio chain..

I'd welcome advice from fellow Audiogoners more experienced than I on the extent to which these devices confer audible sonic improvements and, if so, which ones they'd recommend. Thanks

Michael
mross1949

Jitter
Geoff, since taking a class in tile, I have been fascinated by the fact that ceramic tile, which of course is clay, can be hardened to the point that it has properties, versus all others, to with stand reentry heats and pressures on space equipment reentry.

Yes, thermal tiles (glass) on the Shuttle could withstand enormous temps circa 3000 F during reentry circa 17,500 mph. Assuming the tiles remain in place, of course, which actually wasn’t the case in the second Shuttle disaster when the vehicle disintegrated over California or wherever.
Brass had better be soft---it's what cymbals are made of! I don't believe tiles sound too good when struck with a drum stick ;-).

@geoff

Regards to your previous insults, I feel the need to reply:

I grew up ‘Isolating and Damping everything’ from 100mm faders on high quality mixing consoles, guitar and power amplifiers for use on and off stage, electronic crossovers, gates, delays, reverbs from the inside and out, designed - built and sold subwoofer systems that required limited damping, reinforced a few speaker chassis using materials other than wood (constrained layer damping), was working sound when concert reinforcement systems first left the stage for ceiling grids (isolation or mechanical grounding or both?), damped and overdamped recording studios (learning valuable lessons), discovered how 1.5” thick milled rosewood walls took the sound of a concert grand piano to a very special place indeed, so isolation and damping techniques are not new to me and to the best of my knowledge, I never said ‘my way or the highway’ and never once mentioned isolation does not function. Isolation in musical applications just lacks efficiency.  (All this before you ever became involved in audio as a business)

For the past decade my focus has been working on mechanical grounding techniques. In comparison, these newly discovered methods have taken me, my understanding and listening to a higher place of “LIVE” sound quality and achievement in music reproduction. If I appear to come off as a single one sided personality, I apologize. Like everyone else who is involved with audio and music, we do tend to get over excited from time to time. Please understand, I am a long time retired sound man and when it comes down to listening to music, “LIVE” is Everything!

That sign located on your very narrow sighted road depicting our company as being on a “Lost Highway “, you forgot to include: Population  +1  amazing seismologist, and  +3  new US Patent Pending mechanical grounding devices that we are hoping to release for public consumption by year’s end.  

Pretty cool work hailing from a group of people who are “Not connecting with  Audiophiles and Not connecting with Physics” a statement most recently documented by you.

In my personal opinion:

You really do like Michael Green don’t you? That is all you rant about every time I communicate with anyone or provide any information on AudioGon. It’s rather obvious that you can’t get him out of your mind. My my…  

Robert

To the readership, I am sorry for wasting your time having to defend our company and people against this rather angry and highly motivated insultive participant.

A bit tentative to jump into this fray, but it looked like the right place.  

I'm debating on platforms for my Cronus Magnum II integrated amp:  1) Sistrum apprentice SP-SA-103-3 for $450 or 2) Mapleshade 4" with Isoblocks and brass footers for $545.  

Which would provide the greatest improvement?