Is the McIntosh MC462 a "solid?" buy still?

I've been drooling over this amp for half a year now. I typically get what I want in the end but... with the 15% price increase on all McIntosh gear hitting next year, plus the 13% tax, I'm essentially paying 50% more than you Americans because of our dogshite dollar. The worst part about it is apparently for you americans, the 462 is not being hit with the price increase. $9k USD vs $14110 for me. Kind of stupid price discrepancy. It really makes me feel like it's not worth it. But it would help with local resale value, I suppose.

With this is mind, is the Mac 462 just not worth it? I'd probably be looking at $16k all in after taxes... it'd be great to hear from owners who have compared it to other gear around the price range, and if you do think it is a bad amplifier to get, can I just know why? I've already gone to a local hifi store and heard some Mac gear on some high end stereos and I have to say it certainly does sound better than anything I've ever had.

And before I get any more braindead comments like 'but what about the kinki!!' I never intended the Kinki to be a permanent entry in my system. Like all my gear it will come and go once I have enough $ saved to upgrade.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xd2girls

Showing 1 response by trknomo

I listened to both the 452 and 462 and didnt really notice a difference. I’d look for a slightly used 452.