Is it too bright or is it high resolution?

It has been said in the forums that one mans bright sounding amp is another mans high resolution amp. Some amps and preamp combinations can deliver a high resolution presentation and to others this may be considered too bright sounding. Is there a fine line that can distinguish between the two? Personally I like very revealing & the fine details delivered but the wife says it sounds a tad bit too bright.
phd

Showing 1 response by ct0517

Better hearing based on sex is a myth...... our household has been a living experiment in this regard with my wife 9 months younger than myself, and our fraternal twins - boy and girl.

In listening tests over the years, the results are usually the same as far as order, best to worst.

1) son 2) daughter 3) me 4) wife

Now what I do feel might be tainting the results is that I think my son is cheating, and my wife could care less. I am 55 and can still make out 17khz on a good day.

This video imo helps to prove that hearing is more than a sex thing; it is also based on many factors, and variables including lifestyle, health, heredity, occupation etc....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHWY1KBHwc

So IMO, in order to determine what a person means by bright or high resolution; I feel one needs to understand what their hearing ability is to begin with.

I could hear the 16khz tone in this video - how bout you phd, others ?