Is it me? Will I ever be satisfied?

As we have become empty nesters, we put together or are putting together a nice dedicated two channel system consisting of B&W 804 D3, Levinson No. 333 ( this is an older amp 20+ years old), McIntosh C22 (just purchased) in which I have already upgraded the tubes, Linn Lp12 TT, Blue Sound for streaming.  I am using Transparent balanced cables and Transparent speaker cables - not sure of the exact model, but all Transparent cables are close to 20 years old as well.

My questions, while I think the system sounds good - even really good.  I don't think it sounds great.  I recently purchased the C22 to be used with the No. 333 which I replaced a McIntosh MA252, which i really like and use in another system, it didn't have enough power.  My room is our garage which we converted to a playroom years ago.  It is approximately 25' and 20' wide.  We sit about 12' from the speakers which are at one end of the room .. While I realize that this hobby or lifestyle can be never ending....  I am considering upgrading the cables next and last but not least, add a new Amp, McIntosh MC462 or MC312.

Wanted to get some feedback, thoughts, in site, advice what you experience, am I missing anything?  Thanks

goducks44

More on the room. It is finished, carpet, pool table, chairs - 2 in the main listening position.  Books shelves, albums etc.  I currently have the speakers directly on the carpet - toed in.

I think I expected more when I brought in the Levinson amp and the new C22, I think with the price tag of the C22 I was going to be blown away.  Interesting comment regarding matching B&W & McIntosh. Many of the dealers in the NW carry both and push them together.

I really appreciate all the feedback and suggestions.  I am going to do some listening this weekend and journal pros & cons and what I feel is not meeting my expectations.

So, and again not being critical, but having been a person who thought blue sound is good sounding… I would start there.

I see you do have a turntable as well, so you can compare the two sources. But both the streaming function and the DAC found in the blue S, are somewhat lacking. I ended up with a Lumin u1 and a Denafrips Venus DAC, night and say from the blue sound.