Is it live or is it?

Every concert I ever went to had a sound system consisting of horn loaded PA systems. So what are we doing spending all this cash in pursuit of feeling as if we are there when the entire chain of equipment is so different at home versus in any venue...?
128x128makarisma

Showing 3 responses by zd542

If you think rock concerts are bad, you should go to a classical concert. Its the closest you can get to dying without actually being dead. I guess the upside would be that its definitely not a social event. Its more like a mass funeral. I'd swear that half the people there were already wearing corpse paint.
Kr4 is right on that one. A lot of people make that mistake. The application is different,and you need to use the right tool for the right job.

The only thing I would add is that the OP's statement is usually not correct. Just because you're in the audience listening to the concert through a PA system, doesn't mean they're setting up mics and recording the PA system. Recording engineers usually tap into the signal at some point, such as the mixing board, before it goes to the PA. So what they're recording is not the same as what you here as a member of the audience.
Richz,

Best post I've read in a long time. (Not counting any of Al's, of course.)