Is DEQX a game changer?

Just read a bit and it sure sounds interesting. Does it sound like the best way to upgrade speakers?
ptss
@mlee I will concur regarding your sentiment with the time dedicated to interfacing with a DEQX product, but this is a very small price to pay, given the end result.  I do not work for them, so I’ll do my best to avoid coming off as “salesee,” per se.  

I don’t believe the devices are an apples to apples comparison.  The Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 is meant to be an all in one pre-pro, with additional external support capabilities for Roon and various other streaming capabilities.  I believe it can be used with a dedicated 2-channel system, but you will have limitations.  The primary one, you will have to decide whether you want to utilize the Lyngdorf internal amp and hook your speakers up to that or utilize the preouts to your amps.  Per their manual, it doesn’t mention whether your able to utilize the 1 set of XLR preouts as a full-range signal, it references selecting “the design of the speakers for handling lower frequencies.”  Nonetheless, that may make the choice for you, as you may not be able to utilize it in the fashion you’re intending.  

I do own a DEQX, and it is involved, way more involved than the RoomPerfect configuration process.  I owned a McIntosh MEN-220, which uses Lyngdorf’s RoomPerfect algorithm and process.  Fortunately, the DEQX community, support and “DEXperts” are available to make the configuration seamless, they remote into your desktop while you’re on the phone with them kicking back.  Additionally, how much you want to be involved is entirely up to you, but very, very, very rewarding.  You do have to take the measurements for them, while you’re on the phone, but you can leave if so desired...I had to, so I couldn’t stay for the entire process.  I can all but guarantee you, you will learn about your room, your system configuration, how it’s interacting with your room, subtle things about sound and it’s interaction with the human ear, reflection points and all sorts of tiny variables which make this hobby so fun.  

Larry was mentioned above, that is who I worked with.  He was great.  Once the process was completed, I called him back and we discussed what I was hearing, what I liked/didn’t like and we made some minor revisions.  Not necessary, but we all hear and interpret sound differently, regardless of what a curve is showing us.  I have 3 different settings, for 3 different sound profiles I gravitate towards, all switchable at the push of a button.  In the two years that I’ve owned it, it has been bulletproof and has been, as far as I’m concerned, the single greatest 2-channel investment.  Best of luck in your audio pursuits!
Good advice from Todd.

I will also add, without meaning to be pushy or arrogant that I am an advanced user & have assisted a number of newcomers to get the best out of their DEQX units, answering questions by email, facetime or skype and reviewing/modifying .mzd files remotely. I am happy to do so for anyone that requires it - for free of course!. Likewise I am not affiliated, merely a very satisfied customer.
ToddCowles,
Thanks for the input.
The Lyngdorf 3400 is an integrated amp, not a pre-pro in the home theater sense.  It is roon ready as is the HDP-5. To me the HDP-5 would be a preamp, essentially used like the Lyngdorf but I'd use my own amps, as I have extra amps to use.  If I had the Lyngdorf I would use its amp.
I understand you had a good experience with Larry but it seems there were 2 people in this thread that the speaker calibration part was skipped, thus not utilizing what seems to be one of its most attractive features. Thus, the DEXPert mentioned most in this thread seemed less than ideal.  The poster handyman above ultimately returned his unit after his experience.
The DEQX technology is fascinating to me and I'm still considering it.  

Drewan77,
I have read this whole thread and very impressed with your knowledge and generosity of your time and input.  Your DEQX enthusiasm is one reason why I've looked into it.

Mike
I tried the Premate Plus, but didn’t get the results I expected. My speakers have a single input, so that restricted me from hearing it’s full potential and I wasn’t prompted to get individual speaker readings, during my on line session. It did a great job with my sub management. I found a dbx Venu 360 that satisfied my needs. It has time delay, subwoofer management and endless settings. I’m very happy with the dbx. Check it out. You may be amazed at its potential. 
interesting on the dbx.
I just ordered a dbx driverack PA2 to use to biamp some omni speakers to play around with.  The dbx was recommended by the speaker manufacturer.