Is D for Dry? Class D...

Class D sounds dry and lifeless... thats all, carry on
128x128b_limo

And that’s where demagnetizing the aluminum CD disc furphy started back in 1996, and should stay. Along with all the other "snake oil" like directional mains fuses, Shun Mook mpingo disc etc etc etc 
When are your Class D amps coming out? I just sold an amp and looking for a new one.
We're doing limited shipping of Beta production right now. As with many things associated with the pandemic, we've run into supply side shortages that have caused us to design and fabricate some parts that should be 'off the shelf'.
Class D sucks. 
I’ve said it many times. Dry and lifeless, sure. I’ve been weary of anyone stating that it can be really good. Short of being utilized for subwoofer amplification I had ruled it out pretty much completely. I mean, what could better class A/AB/Tubes? My ears don’t lie. I’ve been around. Case closed, not interested…Or so I had convinced myself. 
Then comes along GaN (Gallium Nitride) class D. Never heard of it. “Oh God, class D, here we go again”, I thought initially. I didn’t care to be honest. 

Enter AGD. Unknown company. They seemed to have some really good reviews/feedback coming from those whose ears I’ve come to trust by and large. So okay I was curious…Apprehensive? Hell yes, and doubtful it could better really good SET amps.  
But regardless I was willing to take a risk and demo a pair of monoblocks (AGD Audions), yes doubtful and ready and willing to discount them. 
And then I LISTENED…
At first I sat there a bit confused at what I was actually listening to…I continued to simply LISTEN. 
This was altogether DIFFERENT. “This can’t be class D”, I thought…WTF 

My paradigm for what I had thought audio 
to exist within was being shifted with every track…this is (was) pretty amazing! 

This changed everything for me with regards to my pursuit for sonic excellence. I could no longer deny that class D done right can exist right up there with best of the best. 
Sounds like hyperbole, I’m well aware. It’s simply what I’ve discovered and felt this thread deserved some truth. 
Enjoy! 

Seems to me you've made out like this AGD Class-D amp has only just now made you a D class convert in a big big way. 🙄

Just looked at your posting history, you've been very active in the positive on these AGD Class-D amp now since March. (makes one wonder why you did not state this 🤷‍♂️) 
https://forum.audiogon.com/search/index?page=2&query=AGD&sort=date&username=davkobza

Then, you have been recruited recently as a fuser, maybe that's what you really heard?😉
https://forum.audiogon.com/posts/2179941

Cheers George

davkobza
I know exactly where your coming from, i thought the same about Class D for over a decade listening to the so called latest and greatest.

Like you the AGD's changed what i had thought of Class D in the most positive way. My music has never sounded better.

PS, ignore the person from the funny paper.