Interconnect Cables for Pre-and Power amp

Hi, I’m searching for a pair of interconnect cables connection my pre-amp (Ayre K-1xe) and power-amps (Pass Labs XA30.5) – both Solid State. FYI, the speakers are a pair of Harbeth C7-es3.

Preferably, I’d get the Balanced interconnect cables to get the full potentials of these amps. What would you recommend for mid-end/used cables (brands, models, etc)? What’s the typical lengths of the cables – 1.5m or 2m?

My choices of music are mostly vocals, jazz, pop songs, symphony, chamber and some blues and rock(no heavy metal or other modern music types). I look for cables that deliver extended highs, natural/full-body mid-range and dynamic bass with excellent imaging and soundstages.

Thank you for your recommendations.
r0817

Showing 4 responses by bo1972

Audioquest Sky is superior compared to Cheetah. Pure silver in most situations never sounds harsh or bright. It has more to do with the quality of the equipment you use. Separation, dynamics and resolution of the Sky is a lot better compared to Cheetah.
I went from Colorado to Sky. This difference was bigger than I thought. In a few months I do from sky to the new outcomming Wild. I wonder what kind of equipment ZD542 uses?
A cable add-s nothing. A better cable can reveal more information. Nothing more, nothing less
Nordost Frey is not the best combo, because you loose depth. And the individual focus of Pass is not that good. So you need other cables to get a better and realistic focus. Instruments and voices are very small in dimension in real. I sold Nordost for over 8 years. And did hundreds of Nordost tests. For me Nordost is predictable like 1 and 1 is 2.