Integrated Amp and Speakers for a teenager?

Hi every one,

After working part-time I was able to put $900 togheter for my first audio system. So, as you can see my budget is very limited. I am lucky enough though to already have a CD, DVD-Audio player and tuner.

But I don't know to what to look for. I know instead how I will use the system: it will be for playing piano (keyboards), and for listening to radio, DVD-Audio and CD's. My favorite music is classical and from time to time jazz (experimental).

I am leaving in a small apartment in a building so I am not interested in loud sound. Even by contrary - I do enjoy listening to low levels.

What I would prefer - a NATURAL sound, as analytical and detailed as posible for this money.

So, which integrated ampifier paired with which speakers?
And because I am young and these money matter for me - I need something that will be as reliable as posible and will serve for the next 5 years (at least)

Thank you a lot
rmihai9ad0

Showing 1 response by bemopti123

Creek 4330 MKII might be the better option, for it might have solved the discharging sound issue that was particular to it and to other integrateds, such as the Audio Refinement. The MKII might be slightly higher, but along with the 4330 and a pair of older EPOS ES11 or newer used M series, you will be set to go. Older electronics might point at the possibility of replacement of caps, all depending of how the previous owner decided to "play" his music! Hgeifman, common, do not tell the poster to buy what it sounds to me as an overpriced radio. I believe that the poster is attempting to get a taste of what this whole hifi thing is about.

Even if it is possible, I would stay away from Audio Refinement Complete, I had two, and sold them both. The last unit had a serious reliability problem driving medium efficiency speakers that it should have driven without a sweat. I did not like what the distributor told me that "I was asking the amp to drive an unreasonable load..."(8ohm 89 db...nominal 5.6 ohms.) BS, I would say.

The Creek integrated are very well rated and entirely synergistic with EPOS speakers. Epos ES11 about $325 used, Creek Integrated, easily $400. Still money left over for cables and what not.