Info Needed on ADS L1530s

Greetings Audiogoners:
I recently purchased a used pair of L1530s and would like to rebuild the crossovers and rewire them. The existing crossovers will not allow straight bi-wiring (full bandwith going to high and low frequency inputs). The back panel of the speakers specifically warn against sending frequencies below 400Hz to the high input. Does anyone know what, if any modification, I can make during the rebuild that will allow straight bi-wiring? I appreciate any assistance with this. Thank you. klccharter
klccharter

Showing 1 response by klccharter

Thanks Ed and Sid. This is helpful. I guess I bit off more than I could chew. My objective is to squeeze the most out of this system. My concern is, given its 20+ years, whether it even peforms to specs. Not that I can hear anything but perfection. Also, this bi-amp thing would require specially made crossovers, would it not, if I didn't go with the C2000 unit. I'm running a Sonic Frontiers P2 for an amp, so the C2000 (I assume the C2000 has it own amplification and does not allow pass-thru to external amps) would be a step down in performance. This speaker could compete with and beat the best out there, even now. Thanks for all your advise, I'm glad I haven't taken them apart.
klccharter