infinity 1b's- should i go tubes for top end???

audio friends,, i have infinity 1b's. a parasound 3500 for the bottom end and a rotel 1090 for the top end. the sound?? i think it sounds great. smooth and clean with great power. everybody says tubes for the top. to do this would mean selling the rotel for maybe $1000 and having to put out another $1000 to get say a 100wpc setup. amps in my range would be something like rogue 150's, audio research vs110's, cary slm100's. lets face it, i would want at least 100 wps for the mid/tweed panels. the BIG question is on just how much of an inprovement in sound is there going to be??. everybody says the rotel 1090 is a great amp, i tend to agree, and it does sound good. i would just hate to spend the time and money without decient results. and the reliable factor. the rotel probable will last for years. tubes?? how much up keep will they be just to get a decient year out of them. can someone convince me either way.
tomtab

Showing 2 responses by randy4354

I just finally started to run my RS-IIb's with a Mac275v on the top and the difference from running ss is very big!I ran Threshold,Bryston, and Classe' on the speaks before but the tubes changed the whole presentation.
I feel anybody running the vintage Infinity's with the emin,emit topends are missing alot without at least trying tubes on top.The 275 has more than enough output for the 2b's and I think it would drive the 1b's quite well.While I own the 2b's or if I venture up the line it will be tubes for the top.It can't hurt to try.

Randy

If you were close enough no problem, but i dought that's the case.Do you not have any options to try any tube amps in your area?I really think you will be quite impressed and I was a skeptic when first reading about this same combition with the vintage Infinity's.But a good deal came my way and WITHOUT hearing the amp bought it and I'm not going to consider a ss for the topend again while I own Infinity's anyway.
Like anyone else I like to try pieces before buying but everthing that I bought the Mac with the 2b's was one of the best investments that I've done.If you can I hope you can try!

Randy