In ear headphones $150 or less

I have been reading reviews left and right and they just don’t seem to jive with the real world amazon reviews.
Is a nice pair of in ear headphones just a unicorn?  Should I buy cheap and get over the ear headphones for the same money?  If so I still need nice in ear for sports activities and would like a recommendation. 

portlandlay

Showing 2 responses by spankedmonkey

For in ear try the Klipsch XR8i’s. They’re a hybrid with subwoofer and have outstanding noise isolation (think while vacuuming, using lawn equipment, and of course cycling). Bass response is great, and midrange is just short of neutral (I find my B&W C5 2’s to be more so but doesn’t block out noise as well).  Audiophile-wise you'd have to spend twice as much to get better sound but they definitely set themselves apart from lower tier models. Sound does get a little sweeter with break-in.

They come nicely packaged with a cable clip and Klipsch’s outstanding gel tips that stay put, however the carry pouch could be better. Usually range $150-$279 +/-... Look around, I managed to find a deal at $135. Good luck!
Portlandlay would be intrigued to know your findings, as you stated the search through reviews and recommendation for that right balance can be quite an endeavor.