If I were to replace my VPI Airies1 with a 4k or so budget?

Hello,
I am thinking of changing my turntable not because I have an issue with the performance but becuase of the size- the Aires with the flywheel takes A LOT of real estate and I am trying to shrink my system a bit.  I currently have separates woth preamp (Primaluna Dialogue Premium) and mono's (Pass 60.5's) driving Thiel 3.7's- along with a smaller turntable I am also thinking about a high quality integrated with built in phono.

Anyway, I heard a lot of very good things about Eat C sharp and also the new Triangleart Hathor.  Just wondering if you might have any views on these 2 options - or any other for that matter.  Cartridge will be a Lyra Delos- just waiting for it to ship.

Many thx.
pgastone

Showing 1 response by br3098

There are lots of great TTs out there but the VPI Aires 1 is very special.  IMO it has the best platter/spindle system ever devised.  My problem was always with the JMW tonearm and I wish that I had tried a different arm before I sold my Aires.  If I were doing it today I would go either the TriPlanar path or maybe the Pete Riggle Woody - the SPU version.

Just my 2 cents worth...