Icon Parsec speakers

Bought a pair of Icon Parsec speakers that were on marketplace today. They are pretty big, 86 # and about 4' tall. Only got to listen to them for a few mins this evening but so far so good. Anyone have experience with these? Are they decent? I feel I got a decent deal at $250 for the pair but I'm sure some of you would know better than I. One of these days I need to stop buying speakers...

soundseeker810

You have gotten the bargain of the month! They were designed by David Fokos, who designed speakers for Conrad Johnson. List price of $1495! There is a review by JA in Stereophile's archives. Enjoy!

Hooked them up to my Musical Fidelity A300 ( 150 watts per channel) and they sound great up to mid level. Awesome bass maybe a bit bright on the treble but I have yet to move them around, etc. 

My question is anyone have any idea what amps pair well with these? I ask because my Musical Fidelity Amp is recommended for my B&W CDM7 SE's. 

I guess they pair well or so I've read. 

I do have a Adcom GFA 7000 that I'm going to try with them. 130 watts per channel I think. 

Doubt the Adcom will be right for them though. 

I'd like a nice warm 160 watt or higher amp. Don't really want to buy new if I can find a great deal used but in great condition. 

Going to have to find a pre-amp as well since the A300 is a integrated amp. The Adcom is paired with a Onkyo TX- RZ810 for the moment. 

I don't need surround sound though so it's a lot of receiver for 2.1, 2.2 channel listening. 

I always like to share this link when the Icons come up for discussion. Something I posted a while back...