I need help with a Dual 1219 that rumbles?

I am just about at the end of my rope with this 1219. Its been to fix my Dual twice with no result. If I run the test record system noise cut(side two track 6) it makes a lot of noise (I can here it loud and clear in quit parts of the music). I have the 1219 on saw horses with no plinth and if I move the idler off the spindle of the motor while it is running my test record, viola the noise is gone. The motor mount looks good ( no cracks etc.) It obviously does not isolate the motor well enough. Anybody run in to this kind of problem? By the way the motor was exchanged so I do not think it is a bearing. Any suggestions for fixing this problem? Is this actually the way they sounded? No way with 1/2 million sold, thanks Markus
markus1

Showing 2 responses by hifihvn

Does it make the same noise when its in the plinth? I think they have a spring suspension.Anyhow,when some TT's are run on something solid instead of floating on the springs, the motor does amplify itself for some reason.If you could,try lifting it up of off the saw horses if you don't have the original plinth with the spring suspension,and see if it quiets down.Of course if it does it in the original plinth,then this wouldn't apply.The idler wheel may be hard,or some other rubber parts mentioned above.
Also if it does this in the plinth,make sure it is floating free without touching the plinth.If it is bumping the plinth,that could cause a problem too.