Hum sound ..is it me or is it you? LOUD hum in system

I sold a classe SSP-30 preamp 2nd week of April. worked fine. I played with it . zero noise at all.
sold it to get a simpler dedicated 2 channel preamp.

nearly two weeks after it was delivered I get an email saying that when the classe 30 is installed there is loud hum...but when its not there is no issue. 

that is all I am told..and "I want to send it back"

im kind of agitated that buyer took his sweet time to get around to checking it out or whatever.  Not sure what to do or what I can do. I told him to send it back so I can see it.

my question is, I read lots of info on grounding loops and funny noises .   because buyer claims he has noise does it leave me any other choice but to take it back?

I used the pre before I sold it for this exact type of reason.  i just didnt take video.   im not to pleased with the extra long delay neither. seems like if you spend that much money on something you check it out right away. it doesnt take a lot to hook up a preamp.

i find it hard to believe a preamp of this caliber would even have ground issues.

I dont know what to do. I feel like I am at this guys mercy no matter what?
gentlejax
buyer is now taking his sweet time getting the package to Fed Ex while I am  over here chomping at the bit to get it back and hook it up again.,

very rude to email one day and demand a refund....ignore the possible cause of  the hum in the info I gave and then delay shipping. 

taking longer for  this guy to get it back then it took for me to send it. 

I imagine he will be very impatient about his refund...'

now I have paypal  telling me they are holding  my money....

2 weeks is a long time especially when you turn around and say its broken. on the paypal statement it says "damage and more"

I dont know what that means . I  am hoping this guy is just one of those that changed his mind and thinks I should just do all the work for him. 

I have no idea what "damage " Means...

being that it was weeks ago it makes it more difficult  if it was indeed broken in shipping.   

really very few people are too busy to hook up a receiver to test. 

One thing for sure. I will video it playing from now on. whatever it is.
What was his feedback like? I hope he's not trying to work the system, it seems like he knows that he's in control.
If it turns out that there is a problem with the ssp30, call Classe. I know the warranty has expired, but they may overlook it and fix it anyway. You don't have to go through the nightmare of shipping it to Canada either. You send it to an address in upstate NY, and someone drives it into Canada.
if I ever get it I am expecting it to be worse  than when I shipped it.
Part of the paypal says in the title "damaged and more"  ...I dont know if it is or not or if Fed EX did something or not. I am completely in the dark and this guy is either #1. the only Asian that speaks no English in Houston or #2 . he is using the system against me.

He once again messaged me today to let me know its coming. just like the last 2 days. but yet the tracking still shows nothing in the system.  3 days in thats pretty odd for a 5hr trip to me from where its at.

I left him feedback but only stated the facts not my personal opinion,  he didnt like it so he called me mental and psycho because I sent to many emails and was rude.

I get rude when I am told multiple times when an item is shipped when it hasnt. I get rude when I am accused of selling broken merch. I get rude when  I try to provide info on ground hum and its ignored but then I am lied to again.