How will the COVID-19 pandemic affect sites like Audiogon?

One would think that with social distancing and shelter in place policies, there has never been a better time for upgrading and enjoying your audio system.   But is now the time to buy and sell?  The mass unemployment and economic distress accompanying the pandemic seems certain to undermine what is essentially a luxury market encompassing both gearheads and music lovers?  What effects on buying and selling audio gear — both short and long term — can we foresee?
merlin
Mijostyn,

If the odds were 95% that the shut down would not change things much and 5% chance that if you didn’t eg a huge amount of people would get very sick at same time and overload the health care system.  Are you willing to take that risk?  
I think, people are afraid. Fear can manifest itself in different ways, including aggression, both verbal and not. I also think people are confused and most are completely unprepared for possible big changes, hopefully temporary. 
40% unemployment may sound like exaggeration, but this is a new situation so who knows ? Surely can be 20%, I would guess.
Stratification of the society should increase too - good if I am wrong.
As for buying equipment, right now I am not in the mood and I upgraded last year. Sure, many will be saving up and buy nothing , degree of uncertainty is high.
Why you continue this subject? I thought this is audio forum not mental therapy. I am sure you will find a lot of help out there. Do we really have to participate in this?
Post removed 

sdrsdrsdr
I own a fitness facility and the business could be financially screwed, having to continue paying the lease with no revenue. I have recently spent money on my system and am so happy for it. It’s my only escape in what is going on right now. I’ve been listening more than ever. It’s a great Hobby to have at the moment. Especially since the ski season got cut short too.

>>>>How does that work, don’t fitness club members automatically pay the club each month during the lockdown?  Or do clubs stop charging credit cards during the lockdown?