How to hook up subwoofer to Creek 5350SE?

I just bought a 5350 SE and I’m confused about how to use my subwoofer. I was hoping there would be a pre out that didn’t interrupt the signal to the power amp. I suppose I could run a long RCA cable from the pre out to the subwoofer and then another long one from the sub to the amp in, but I’m not crazy about messing up the signal going to the amp like that. Is there some sort of splitter I could use to let me make a short, solid connection from pre amp to amp, while also getting a feed out to the sub?

Alternatively, I could run the speaker B outputs to the subwoofer since it accepts high level inputs, and then run speakers A + B at the same time. But I’m worried that would degrade the sound, and maybe reduce the available power of the amp (since I’d be unnecessarily sending a powered signal to the sub). Also, I’m sure the sub has a different impedance from the main speakers and I wonder whether that would be a problem.

My main speakers are B&W 805 and the sub is a Velodyne F-1000.

What do you recommend?

Thanks a lot.

--DZ
dbz

Showing 2 responses by ellery911

speaker level worked best for me with both my Bryston B60 and my Electrocompaniet ECI3...and it wasn't a small difference...just my 2c.

Ellery
Mine are actually "tri-wired"..or something like that...all my speaker connections are bare wire (with the speakers biwired). On the amp end, I purchased 4 of the WBT spades and ran all the speaker & sub wires into those. The WBT's can handle all the wire with room to spare and made the connection at the amp end a whole lot easier.