How to amplify 4 Main/Front Speakers

Newbie here. I have an old Sony DA3ES Receiver driving an equally old pair of B&W DM640s with B&W 303s for side-positioned surrounds. The receiver has connections for only two 'front' or 'main' speakers so the 303s are hooked up as surrounds. Is there a way to get the signal going to the mains to also travel to the 303s?

This is probably a stupid question but I need to learn this stuff.
civilguy

Showing 2 responses by zd542

You can do it like Mechans says but he's right in that you may be pushing your Sony harder than it was designed to. If you end up trying it, I would suggest you start with very low volumes at first and if something doesn't sound right, shut it off right away.

Another factor that may be very important is volume. You will have no way of controlling volume independently for each pair of speakers. Assuming the amp can handle both speakers, one speaker may be more efficient than the other. Basically, one pair would play loud and the other would not be. If you keep increasing the volume, you risk damaging the speakers.
If you have the GFS-6, then there won't be a problem. Just switch back and forth between whatever speakers you want to listen to.