How much power is enough for B&W Nautilus 804's?

Hello all ... from a recommendation in an earlier post, I went with bi-amping my Nautilus 804's (120 wpc Bryston 3B-ST on tweeters, 250 wpc Bryston 4B-ST on woofers). Per that post, plenty of power on the low end does wonders. It does sound great, but still find the bass not all that (bass player since I was 12 - a few yrs ago). In your opinions, would there be anything to gain by adding another 4B-ST to the mix on the low end? In bridged mode, each pumps 800 wpc into 8 ohms. Would I be doing anything other than putting my 804's into harm's way?

Your advice appreciated. Ed
ekurilla

Showing 2 responses by baranowski

I love the 804. i have the 804"s" models... i use mine for mostly home theater so the low of the lows are from a sub... the 804 has really good highs and mids.... buy a good sub... Save the money on the new left and right speakers and just get the sub.

what are you running as the preamp? making the settings change might help as well...

my buddy is a bassist.... if you liked the sound from a commercial massive speaker then it will be hard to reproduce that same sound with anything but those types of speakers.

when it comes to bass size will play an important role... it is not the be all end all though.... but if you are used to a 15" black widow type speaker it will be hard to match it with something from ANY floor standing speaker.

Bill