How many are serious headphone users?

I much prefer to listen to my speakers than headphones but there are times when that is not practical. I have an old pair of Sennheiser HD580‘s that are OK but nothing special. The fact is, I rarely use them. I guess that’s why they have quietly turned 25 without much notice.

I was thinking of exploring all that is new with headphones. Two that have caught my attention are the Sennheiser HD800S and the Focal Clear’s but I haven't heard them. My guess is that I would need a suitable outboard headphone DAC/Amp for a desktop setup. My concern is about how much use they would actually get. I rarely use what I have now but I rationalize that because of the mediocre sound (compared to the 2 channel).

How many are serious headphone users and what percentage of time do you listen to the cans compared to 2 channel?

mikexxyz

Showing 1 response by jim204

I listen to headphones all the time except when I go to my pals house every Wednesday and then we listen to his two speaker setup. At home I listen to Sennheiser HD800 with the Sennheiser HDVD 800 Headphone Amp. Unless you are willing to listen to them regularly they will probably never get broken in , mine took weeks and I use them for hours every day. These headphones can sound bass light until they come on song and then they can give glorious sounds. | do hope I havn't put you off !!!!