How Cool Is My Wife!

I thought my wife was pretty cool when we moved into our new house and she said, "Honey why don't you take the best room in the house for your dedicated listening room." I thought that was pretty cool, a 27" X 14" room for my gear (And boy is it a great sounding room). Well this year I almost droped dead when for my birthday she gave me a pair of Maggie 1.6's! I know what your thinking gentlemen. She's mine and she's a keeper!
gary_m
I agree with Rsuminsby, if you have a wife who enjoys your hobbies and interests you are a lucky man indeed. My wife and I enjoy relaxing and listening to music together. The only thing we sometimes disagree on is the type of music, but she is very tolerant of my obsession with audio equipment. We are truely some lucky guys.
Just rummaged through the latest comments and caught Rsuminby's about footrubs and wine on the couch during a listening session. I've always found a bit of this and sessions other than listening quickly follow.
Hey guys! How do your wives know what to get you? Do you tell them "sweety, if you decide get me something for my stereo, I would like Van Den Hull 10 foot speaker cables..."? or maybe your wives are audio enthusiats, just like we are? By the way, why are audiophiles almost always men?
While my wife, a musicholic like myself, is a heavy contributor to our system with both bucks and comment, she claims it's basically "a guy thing"--she doesn't care how many ohms dance on the head of a resistor. She just wants to hear music reproduced in the best way possible for the budget we allow. Can't ask for more than that.
At this moment my girl listens to the stereo, she's right at the sweetspot the sweetheart. She ordered the Audionut cablesupports for my birthday, [we live in the Netherlands]and helped me put them under the Monster cables.. When seeing the Big Atma-Sphere MA-2 amps for the first time, she said "well with so many tubes we don't need to put the central heating on in wintertime.." Didn't tell her about the 'joy'it brings in the summer with 50 tubes burnin' I think i quit reviewing my girl, and join her, the amps must be warmed up by now... RON