How can anyone want more......Just a very happy listener.

I have recently listened to the best of Genesis, Dire Straits, Krall, Sinatra, Presley, Miles, Keb Mo, Floyd, Zep, Stones, and so much more, and I am so happy with my system. Why do people need to spend 40K on speakers, and, the same on amplification. Equipment : Modified Adcom GDA 700. Luminous Audio Walker passive , Nuforce STA 200, Modified Klipsch Lascalas, and powered subs ( a secret ). There is absolutely nothing, at this particular time, that I want more of. I have Dynamics, Tone, Coherence, Prat, Imaging, the whole shebang. I sit 10 ft from the speakers, and, I am so " involved " with my recordings, that I cant imagine any one not wanting the sound that I have, for relatively little money. Thoughts ? Enjoy ! MrD.
mrdecibel

Showing 1 response by shadowcat2016

Problem with audiophile-ism is that most people are always looking for ways to make what they're already happy with, better.........If you have endless money....I don't...you can stay on that merry-go-round forever............My system is relatively modest, by AUDIOPHILE standards, although for the price I could have bought a nice new car. 

I know that there are better, probably way better systems out there, but mine makes me happy. I enjoy the music, with all the appropriate boxes being checked............I may entertain sub woofers if I can find a nice pair, used......although my current speakers can shake the foundation with the right recordings..........so maybe not. :)

If you're happy with what you HAVE, stop thinking about it and just enjoy