Higher End DACs

I am looking for a DAC (potentially streamer&DAC) to be paired in a mcintosh system (c1100/611). Its my first foray into digital streaming and I have no need for a CD player.

I see a lot of love for Esoteric, however, most seems to be around their transports? Are they not as renowned for pure digital streaming and/or standalone DACs? I see DCS (for instance) often referenced for standalone DACs - how does Esoteric compare?
ufguy73
for those on this thread that read comments about the SGM Extreme server but felt it was ’overkill’ a well known DIY’r Romaz wrote a few posts about his own SGM Extreme he just received that might answer a few questions and clear up some distorted viewpoints. here is a link to those posts. it’s a fun read (Romaz writes well).;

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/taiko-audio-sgm-extreme-the-cr%C3%A8me-de-la-cr%C3%A8me.27433/page-138#post-626261
Post removed 
+1 for the Linn product line. I use a Majik DSM and stream Qobuz as well as from local storage. The Linn controller app for Windows works well, and the Android app is tolerable. Both are free and do not require a separate computer.
@mikelavigne Thanks for the update and link to romaz’s posts.

Thanks also for the opportunity to learn about the designs and efforts that are pushing boundaries, even if they are way outside of most budgets.
Post removed