High quality recordings any genre

I like all kinds of music, so give me some suggestions on some high quality recordings you listen too. I find a lot of music is poorly recorded. When you get a high quality recording listening is so much more pleasurable.

referee1

I think its always tough in these " whats a great sounding record" hreads as it hard to tell with a poster if its the music that makes it a great album or whom mixed (or mastered it).  I tend to follow the mix engineer, as these are the folks most closely deciding what the album sounds like.  Engineers often work with the same mastering engineer over and over. Mastering is not remixing it so its not massive changes at the mastering level.. 

So follow the great engineers and that's a good palce to start.  Al Schmidt- now passed- was a great engineer.   Ed Cherney, Elliot Scheiner, Bill Schnee. to name only a few,  Follow engineers and you are more likely to find a good sounding record.

Brad

From mapman

“It’s never a good sign when a music lovers conclusion is most music is not recorded very well. Time to learn to appreciate recorded music better or maybe find another hobby.

on the other hand it’s common for an audiophile to make that claim because most music fails to meet their standard for good sound for either objective and/or more subjective reasons. A better hifi cannot make music that is poorly done sound the way they wish it would.

It’s all a losing proposition

Better for all to accept each recording for what it is: a unique work of art. Each will sound somewhat different. The rational goal is to be able to hear whatever is there that the artist and producers intended then either like it or not.

There is no rule that says all works of art must be technically perfect Where would impressionist artists like Monet be if that were the case?”

EXACTLY!