HiFi dealers & audiophile wife problems

We sold certain brand of black spkrs to a customer about a year ago. He wanted rosewood, but he bought black. Why? Because he figured he could swap the new spkrs with his old (about the same size) while his wife was out and figured she wouldn't notice. Did it work? Yes.
hellohifi
Well, guys, I just don't feel your pain. I got my wife (then girlfriend) into my music before I even had a system, and now she enjoys the better sound.

While she never puts any music on herself (I have coming up on 700 CDs), she does like whatever I put on. And when I force her to sit and listen, she actually can hear the difference from the weaker stuff to the better pieces.

I guess if your spending the house payment on audio gear, the wife might have something to say, but if you're not, why hide it. You're entitled to your hobbies for Christ's sake! I wouldn't put up with having to lie to get what I want. F--- that.

You need to control your language. Audiogon is hounding me about mine, and they better be hounding you about yours...
I mean no disrespect to any of the above audiophiles or anyone that reads this,but whos the man in the house? IF your partner can't enjoy or much less respect your hobby then theres something fundamentally wrong in the marriage.I don't mean to sound like a counselor,but GENTLEMAN if i'am providing and talking care of LIFES responsibility's and giving my wife and kids a good life, no one is going to tell me or question my in's and out's as what i do with my audio equipment.IT"S how i get away from the daily gridlock and hazzles of life.MUSIC is my medicine and she respects that.NO matter how often i change equipment.
Good for you, but most of these guys are going to have to justify the larger "pleasure indulgence" expenditures in their life to their wife, and I see nothing wrong with that. I'm just glad I'm not married yet, and feel sorry for those that are (with regards to this hobby), heh heh heh. Just like I feel sorry for those that don't have a dedicated listening room...might as well listen out in the street during rush hour...
My wife and I were arguing about my latest purchase of some audio gear. I explained to her about how I enjoy the music, it's my hobby, etc., etc. I must say that she got the better of me (a first) when she said; "Why don't you buy a great pair of headphones and be done with it! That way you can get your great sound and listen when you want without rocking the whole house!" I was speechless as I momentarily couldn't fight the logic of it. I think I mustered a response about realism, soundstage - "It's just not the same!" Any one of my fellow (married) audiophiles have this same discussion? Did you win? What was your response? I need some ammo soon as I'm seeing a piece here on Audiogon that I've been looking for for some time. By the way, my wife is one of those that when I DO get her to sit down and listen to my system, she sits in the seat that is to the right of the right speaker because it's "more comfortable"! Need I say more!