Herron VTPH 2--what cables are you using?

I am curious about what cables are being used between your Herron VTPH 2 phono stage and your preamp/integrated amp. I am using Herron interconnects, but the rest of my cables are Transparent Reference MM2 level. I have stuck with Herron cables for the Herron phono stage because I have been advised that it is generally ideal to use cables made by the manufacturer of the component in question, if they make cables. However, I know that there is disagreement on this issue. I would like to know which cables have been used with the VTPH2, and with what results? Comparisons with Herron interconnects would be particularly illuminating. Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.
arsh
Mkiser,

Long time fan of Keith’s VTPH-2 myself. What upgrades did Keith perform on your VTPH-2?

Thanks,

Tim

BTW, I've got a Nordost Frey 2 interconnect between my VTPH-2 and my Belles Aria integrated amplifier.
Beatlebum,

I honestly don't know the details of the upgrade.  It was $325 including shipping, so not a lot of the really expensive parts.  My takeaway is more "punch".  The technical term I suppose would be macrodynamics.  The noise floor is lower.  It took about 20 hours to break in.  Well worth it, but again it was in the context of a cartridge change and cable change.
Mkiser, the Zephyr is a great cartridge. The Paua adds a lower noise floor, and more resolution and refinement. I love them both, but the Paua is better. Hope this helps. And Keith upgraded my VTPH2 as well; I think most of the work was on the power supply. 
Thanks for the response arsh.  It makes sense that a power supply mod would make for a punchier presentation.