Help with speaker cables and interconnects

My system comprises a TAG Mclaren CDT20R Transport linked to TAG's DPA32R Pre/Dac. This feeds a pair of Audiolab 8000MX monoblocks, which are wire to Monitor Audio 20SE's. Current wiring is LAT interconnects and Audioquest Indigo + speaker cable. The sound is very clean, but somewhat cold and lacking in weight. The Audiolab/Monitor Audio had plenty of power when used witha marantz cd63KI signature Cd player, but this appears to be lacking with the TAG gear. I have tried using Nordost Valhalla digital between CD & DAC and Valkyrja between pre and power amps. This gives amazing detail, but again lacks the warmth. Any advice would be very welcome. Muz.
lt346mp

Showing 2 responses by lt346mp

Thank you for your responses. Since starting this thread, the following cables have been suggested to me: Marigo Apparition digital cable, Synergistic Research,Purist Audio Designs, Audience Au24 and Ridge Street Audio Poiema cables. Unfortunately, there arn't many UK companies which stock these, let alone loan them to you, so unfortunately, I feel like a fish in a big sea! I know many people say that you shouldn't use cables as tone controls, but how do you know that it's the cable that's either adding or detracting from the sound? Anyway, back to the matter in hand, how well would any of the above suggestions go towards bringing more warmth to a somewhat neutral system? Would I be better off avoiding silver based cables - I understand that Synergistic Research make some very good copper speaker wires - any suggestions please?
10 months later and I have now managed to get closer to the sound I am looking for. This was achieved by adding another pair of Audiolab monoblocks and changing all the interconnects to Purist Audio Venustas - WoW what a difference! The sound is much warmer now with added weight - I now find myself spending hours going thro' my CD collection. In reality, I suspect that the PAD cables have been the key factor here, I'm sure I could have got away without the extra mono's, but hey, I can continue to build on this. I must say however, IMHO whilst the PAD's are very good, the Nordost's were more holographic and better at conveying the human voice. Interestingly, I also think that the LAT digital DII mark 2 cable is better in my system than the PAD Venusta digital and represents excellent value for money (unfortunately, I wasn't able to do a comparison with the Nordost Valhalla Digital. I believe the weakest link now is my speaker cables which I have narrowed down replacements for to:- the PAD Venustas (cable seems a bit too thick for my liking) or the Nordost Valkyrja's - unless anyone else has got any suggestions.....