Help with early SME 3009 counter weight

I have an early SME 3009 with a fixed rear counter weight and a light weight SME headshell. I would like to use it with a TD 124MK1. Is there any way to use this set up with a light weight MM cartridge. For example if I could find a sliding counter weight from a newer 3009 would this work? Or am I better off selling and buying a newer 3009. Any suggestions appreciated.
abalone88

Showing 2 responses by abalone88

Thanks for the answers. I think I didn't describe well enough. On the arm that I have, the rear small counter weight is fixed at the very end of the arm and has no hole in it to allow it to move forward. The rider weight is hung from it. There is a center counter weight that does slide, but with it as far forward as it goes and with the rider weight as far forward as it can go it won't balance . I think I just made a mistake of inexperience in not realizing that this arm probable used a SPU head shell that is much heavier . At this point I think I will have to just chalk it up learning. Unless I thought maybe if I could find a rear counter weight that has a hole in it, like ones I have seen on later models, but that seems remote from what I 've seen so far. Thanks again.