Help? Stereo for art studio, under $1k

I'm converting an old workshop into my new painting studio and can use some advise or direction on a simple stereo system. The studio is 27' x 33' with a 9' ceiling. The floor is cement, furnishings will be minimal, I believe the walls will be insulated w/ sheetrock. Some windows w/ no blinds.

The challenge is my budget: definitely under $1,000. I'd like an integrated amp or receiver, two speakers, and a way to listen to my digital music collection. Right now I've got music on my iPhone, iPad, iMac. At home I listen to vinyl and cd's but here I need to press start and then not touch the system as my hands have paint on them and I can't change cd's. No internet there yet.

I mostly listen to current music - Monsters & Men, Black Keys, Rhiannon Giddens, Arcade Fire, etc. Very little classical. Volume will be a little high. This is a separate building on 14 acres.

Advise is really welcome: which amp or receiver do you recommend? Which speakers? Thoughts on music player or server?
rose_2
rose...
When speakers are so wide apart (14'), you will not get the true "imaging" or "mixing" of the music. If listening to stereo while at your easel, speakers need to be closer together to hear the complete musical soundstage.
   Just a bit of advice, maybe 8 to 10 feet apart. And if adding a rear set of speakers, you'll fill the room with music.

And once you're all set up, you can put foam panels or canvas on the walls to absorb some of the sound waves bouncing around.
There is an NAD 320BEE for sale here on AG.  I would consider that for a start. 

The Pioneer Andrew Jones Towers retail new for $129 each. Forgot model number.

I also enjoy NPR on Sunday mornings.

Thanks for the info mesch - the NAD is appealing. I was looking at the lower end Yamaha last night because it has a DAC (AS-301 & 501), which would save me the cost of a separate unit. I'm also considering the Sherwood linked by oregonpapa above. At home in recent years I've had an Onkyo (good, but burnt out right after the warranty ended) and an Outlaw RR2150 (which I like.) 

And you've listened to those speakers? That's a good price. I migrated over to the Fluance website and a pair there is $500 with glowing reviews. For this space I think tower speakers makes sense. 

lowrider_57 - thanks! I'll keep that in mind. I need my walls clear for hanging paintings and for large drawings but there are always a lot of large canvases to be moved around if I need to.
I would think the Yamaha 301 would work fine for your application. I have not heard the Pioneer floor standers (FS52) however own a pair of the bookshelf models (BS22) and find them great/$$$. I understand that the FS52s will go deeper and play louder. 

Unfortunately many have missed the basic requirement.  The OP wants to play his digital files, and none of the old used pieces suggested can do that.  Plus, the high risk of break down of these old pieces makes them a bad risk.