Help me pick some speakers

I am moving out of state and will be getting an apartment for the next year or so. So assume a small space. I need speakers. I have a Sunfire 300x2 amp and Sunfire Theatre Grand II. I have MIT Pro-line XLR interconnects, Tara Labs S&T II speaker wire and Tara labs Prism Special AC power cords. Only looking for two channel. Any suggestions on a used speaker that won't break the bank, say $1000 or less. Listen to mostly jam band, rock and want good bass without killing neighbors with a sub woofer. Not too concerned about floor space, so floor mount is OK, just looking for best quality for my money. Thanks for any replies!
walstib
Small foot print, great bass and very musical...Silverline Prelude. Might be a couple hundred over your budget new if you can't find a used pair.
Thanks Jaxwired and Telescope_trade for your input I am researching both Dynaudio and the Silverline Prelude. What are anyones opinions on B&W CDM-1 Special Edition?
Used Vandersteen 2CE, used Thiel 3.5, used Paradigm Referrence 40 or 60. All affordable all very nice.
If you can find a used pair of VMPS 626Rs for under $1000.00, you will not find a better sounding speaker for the money. Even the 626jr are very good. If someone is willing to part with theirs now that you can't get them new anymore. If it has the 6 1/2" megawoofers, the bass will be much improved with almost zero chance of doubling. I've owned a pair and have only changed because I was able to get a pair of Rm30s to replace them. Clarity, dynamics, soundstage, beauty in a 24" X 13" X 10" box. If they had the auricaps upgrade, even better. With the Rs, your talking ribbon tweeter, neoribbon midrange, and excellent bass down to about 40 hz. Do not need to be played loud to sound fantastic.