headphone amp under $350

I need recommendations for a headphone amp. I'd like to max the price at $350. I will likely use it with a Sennheiser HD-580. I listen to classical and jazz. I'm going to be using the headphones at night so I don't disturb (and am not disturbed by) my neighbors.

I'll be plugging my arcam alpha 9 cdp directly into the headphone amp. I want detail without the sound becoming analytical and prefer balanced sound top to bottom rather than something that really features the midrange (or lows/highs).

Thanks.
imrer

Showing 1 response by kotta

Jon can build you Meta-42 based Home headphone amp w/ your choose of components. Jon built one for me recently and I'm very impressed by the amp and the builder. (With an upgraded power supply my amp ran $228 w/shipping inc. However, the price will be slightly more depending on what you wish to add to the base unit. Mine is a base unit.) Jon uses a Sennheiser headphone so he is very familiar w/their sound and would be able to build an amp to best match your tastes. To learn more, www.jmtaudio.com and www.head-fi.org.
Good luck! Bill