Grounding questions

I’ve had an issue with a slight hum through my system for a long time. System consists of Jolida Fusion Preamp and JD1000P amplifier. Both plugged into Futman Elite 15 power conditioner. It’s not dependent on any sources. Hum is there when amp is on. 

I have a dedicated line for the outlet to the Furman. Hum does not increase with higher volume. 

Maybe it’s an issue with the power amp but it could be an issue with the house wiring. The house is 62 years old and the fuse box is original and not grounded. Before I pay $800 to have it grounded, what do you think is causing the hum? It’s not cable related as I’ve swapped interconnects. The pre and amp are connected by a balanced cord. 

128x128mschott

Thank you. I don’t remember if I used a cheater prior to the dedicated outlets which by the way are not GFCI. I isolated the power amp and there is hum from both speakers. When I plug it directly into the wall, there is hum from both speakers but the frequency seems a little different. 

Post removed 

Then I did use a cheater. Yes the outlet is same as the Amazon link in your last post. 

Aging a ground to that was not part of the contract. That is why I am now considering having a ground added.

@mschott FWIW dept.: in order to add a circuit of any kind, whatever it is connected to has to be up to code. So either the electrician did something illegal or else found a way to provide a legal ground.

The suggestions to try the amp elsewhere or with nothing connected to its inputs are good ones! It may simply be that the amp has a hum problem; one potential source of a hum in an amplifier is filter capacitors failing in the power supply of the amp. That can lead to power transformer failure which can be really expensive and disheartening. So its worth it to sort out what is going on.