Great Mains for $1000?

I am currently considering upgrading to some new floorstanders, and have narrowed it down to some good used classics. I'm running Kimber pbj, NAD 317, and a Denon DCM-280.

The finalists are (used):

Vienna Bach
Vandersteen 2ce
Audes Jazz
Paradigm Studio 80

I don't have the ability to listen to all of these in person, so any feedback you all might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
plburrows

Showing 1 response by tonitza

I have those speakers and I need to say are excellent-excellent speakers. I've read people are saying about Mozart are way better - and I believe is true. For the moment unfortunetly I cannot afford the Mozart.
Anyhow I have the DM601 S3 B&W in my office. And I know alot of people will say well it's not fair to compare since are different line. Yes it's true. All I can say is I listen to both pairs. And it's a big difference. I will not say that B&W perform poor compared with Vienna. But Bach sounds way better then my DM601 S3. I didn't expect to see such a difference. But Vienna Bach sounds exceptional. Probbaly you need to step up for a different B&W line/class to beat those Bach. I hope one day I can afford Mozart.