Gold Note IS - 1000 integrated amp

I am interested in the Gold Note IS - 1000 integrated amp but it is above my budget of $3,000.  Is the Gold Note worth it's $5,000 price tag?  It has a very fine DAC, phone pre-amp, and streamer.  Are there any comparable integrated amps that may be less expensive?  If it is a great buy I may have to stretch the budget.  If there is a review available I would be interested in reading it.
Thank -You
128x128dberger
Really pleased my experience with the amp contributes to your consideration. I've never had a Gold Note product before and have been truly impressed.
It produces a very physical, thick wall-of-sound like presentation with a warm, tube-like inner glow and very smooth treble with exemplary detail retrieval that leaves me wanting for nothing in my setup. With your Ortofon Blue, I feel it will work wonders while retaining complete network functionality as well.
Given its power ratings, it would drive any reasonable speaker with great control, including those with 4ohm sensitivities. My favorite speakers in the 2k range that produce a warm clear sound that can be found on Audiogon at the moment are the Dynaudio X34s floor standers; you can also get a pair of Silverline Minuet Grand standmounts  at less than 2k new on Audiogon as well; they are neutral but very forgiving, and in my opinion the best balanced, most complete, and most musically satisfying monitor speaker at their price. 
Hope these suggestions are of some use.
P.S. Forgive me and do disregard my Dynaudio X34 recommendation; I have heard them in warmer systems (with warm amps - NAD M3, and NAD c390dd), but I think they might generally be a smidge lean of neutral left to their own devices.
I have had home-auditioned the Focus 260s and 160s, both of which are warm and clear, and the 160s are a truly great pick of your room is not overly large and would likely match amazingly with the Gold Note; the 260s are fabulous but a bit more expensive than your price range. 
Another pick at 2k (new) would be the Spendor A2, which I auditioned next to my A4 and is also definitely on the clear and sumptuous side. You can get a pair for around 2k, and they are stellar. There's a very telling Hi-fi Choice review that suggests that these might be what you're looking for.
Ultimately, with the IS-1000, most neutral speakers will suit you, and so much depends on just room size and availability; it's that good. To recap: Silverline Minuet Grand, Dynaudio Focus 160, Spendor A2, should all suit your needs.
@transience - thank you for your excellent review on the GN IS-1000. It is an intriguing product, especially given my wonderful experience with their Mediteraneo TT with Donatello Gold cart with PH-10 phono stage. Put simply, they are wonderful products and I will give serious consideration to all GN products from now on. I'd imagine an all Gold Note system would be something to behold. 
I've been enjoying my Gold Note IS-1000 for 2 months now. I think I was one of the very first owners in NA. It is absolutely worth the price! Fantastic soundstage depth, tight bass, enough power to drive any speakers, and a great phonostage. Great display and easy to navigate the controls (the owner's manual is a joke). This is the most natural sounding ss integrated amp in this price range. 
Thanks for the update. I am still researching and auditioning integrated amps.  I was able to audition a Peachtree Nova 150, my simple speakers sounded different in a good way.  

What is your opinion on upgrading a system? What percentages would you give to upgrading speakers and amps?  I was told that speakers should be about 90% of an uprade.