Getting close to giving up on CD's

I have a mid fi system ( B&W 803D, Rotel amps, Oppo 203 BD, Anthem processor). I set up a NAS drive with the intent to re rip my CD's to highest quality possible but when I purchased the Anthem AVM 60 and the newer Oppo  I tried ROON with hi rez files I had purchased from HD tracks along with a subscription to Tidal. It has been close to a year and I have only gone to my CD collection a few times. Roon plays directly through the Oppo flawlessly. Been pretty happy with quality of the streaming through the OPPO. At this point I am not sure I see a point to re-ripping my collection when I can get CD quality or better with the options above.

Things can only get better with a dedicated DAC, if I go that direction I am not sure I will even keep my CD's unless it is something rare or super obscure.    

pattemf132
The best thing about CDs these days is that they can be ripped to a music server in just a few minutes then played more error free from there almost anywhere through various means. I still keep them around after ripping though just in case I ever need them again but hopefully not.

Yes with the pay as you go music streaming service options available these days many may find it practical to cut the cord with owning music but I’m kinda old fashioned...not ready to take that plunge.....yet.
Another really good one if you like jazz, is www.jazzgroove.org
Also free and listeners supported. Sounds hi res even with bluetooth.
Musicians have brought me deep wells of pleasure over the years.

If one buys a CD, rips that CD, and then sells that CD -- well, if you keep playing the music after you sell the disc, you are pirating the music. Oooh, "pirating" sounds almost romantic, so let's use the actual term: you are stealing the music.

For me, the pleasure I've gotten from musicians makes me not want to steal from them. I admire their work. So even though I've ripped over 2500 CDs and play them only through my music server, the discs themselves sit in storage.

Dave, who could imagine someone here either defending ripping-and-selling or saying it's not a bad thing but what's both illegal and immoral remains that way no matter what because it's not a question of opinion
Post removed 
Post removed