Genesis Digital Lense

Anyone tried this? Does it work and to what extent? Thanks.
spskan
The Meridian 518 works much better and is more flexible, I used to own one and liked it very much.
Yes I recently got one used.there are some real bargains on these.These units are very well built former class a sterephile retailed for $1895.When I first added to my system I put on one of the Hendrix remasters.To give you a comparison I also have the same Hendrix LP's. On the LP you can clearly hear the background tape hiss and other production noises that are almost hallmarks of any of his recordings.The remaster CD's are quieter almost to a fault.The enherent noise is what gives these recordings thier character.Anyway I popped in Electric Ladyland and started up Voodoo Chile and was immediatly struck by the presence of the guitar.For the first time on CD I could clearly hear that amp humming,that wah wah simmering,fantastic in a word.I got the same results with any CD I tried.You get a sense that you can hear much further into the recording.Highly recommended
I think that the Lens offers improvement in most digital 2 box systems. The used prices have really dropped. PS Audio has a new Digital Lens in the works,(PS Audio's founder developed the Lens for Genesis)after they catch up with their new Power Plants and Amps. demand they will start working on it.(According to their newsletter)I think a serious question will be if the Lens will be even needed if SACD or DVD-Audio takes off.