Genesis 201 vs Wilson Maxx Series 2 ??

I am considering either of these two speaker systems. I am looking for opinions from anyone who may have experience listening to either or both of these speakers. I currently have Genesis V's and am looking to upgrade from these. Appreciate any insight on the relative strengths of either of these great speakers. Thanks.
128x128krc

Showing 2 responses by krc

Room is 18'3" x 14'10". Today the Gen Vs are on the short wall about 4' into the room. No restrictions in the room. Thanks.
Thanks James. I realized I did not answer your other questions. I put my system together in the early/mid 90s and have not touched it since. I have the itch to do something I thought about the speakers, hence this post. The current Genesis V's are being driven by Krell MDA 500 mono blocks. The preamp is a Krell KRC HR. For phono premap I am using 2 Krell KPAs so that I have dual mono all the way through. Turnatable is VPI TNT IV with the V bearing and SDS and Flywheel. Cartridge is V.D Hul Black Beauty. Digital is the Krell DT10 transport and Krell Reference 64 with a Genesis Lens between them. Overall system sounds great but have been thinking that things probably improved in the last 10 years. I enjoy all sorts of music from Classical to Rock to Jazz.