GaN based SU-R1000 Technics Integrated Class-D, review by TAS

After their unobtainable and unaffordable ground breaking 1.5mhz switching speed, Technics SE-R1 GaN Class-D power amp, this new offspring integrated has finally gotten an in depth review.

I had high hopes for Technics "fully optioned" SU-R1000 integrated, "looks" like my hopes could be founded, here is the The Absolute Sound’s 7 page!!! review on it, enjoy.
https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/technics-su-r1000-integrated-amplifier?mc_cid=2c9d21110f&a...

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi

Showing 4 responses by ja_kub_sz

@scott22 I agree, liking the SU-G700, but I also love vinyl so the SU-R1000 is a big deal to me. Yet at 10k, and considering my TT isn't the best (or what I'd consider worthy of the phono stage of the SU-R1000) I am gonna wait this out and see if I could grab a used one down the road... but doubt it. Seem Technislcs is low volume high cult following and their stuff doesn't pop up much.
Just read the HiFi World review of the SU-R1000 and I felt obviously that they didn't like the product (3/5), and that they were also bias in their review knocking the Technics at every possible aspect they disliked, and then some.

I always find it interesting how some people rave about products and others passionately rail against them. Nonetheless I'm still really enjoying my lower-level SU-G700. I liked it so much that I'm actually ordering the new MK2 version of it that should be shipping in January of 2022.

I have nothing bad to say about my Technics "not Class D" amplifier, but I do believe these amplifiers have an acquired sound that experienced HiFi purists may not enjoy.
Well I'm in!

Ordered my SU-R1000 (black).

I sent my SU-G700 back pre-ordering the SU-G700M2, since I only had it 30 days when they announced the new MK2 model. I boxed it up and shipped it back, and when I hooked up my old iamp and was listening to music with my wife even she was like "it doesn't sound the same". I told her i sent the old amp back, and was waitnng for a new model. But she was absolutely right... It wasn't the same! I just love that Technics sound.

I was thinking as I looked at my collection of about 150 records and stack of CD's waiting to be loaded onto my streamer how I was gonna have to wait till January for the new SU-G700M2. My record collection is only growing and from what I've heard about the phono stage I just figured I might as well get the reference class of the amp I've grown to love and can't live without.

Hopefully I'll have it by next month.
The SU-R1000 has the Intelligent Analogue Phono-EQ (Accurate EQ Curves, Crosstalk Canceller and Response Optimiser). Probably some other stuff too that I’ve left off, I hope 😉

The Crosstalk Canceller gives you the phono calibration record and I believe is still exclusive to the SU-R1000. My understanding of it anyways, the big reason I wanted it. Figured since I’ll be buying more records along the way I like that this amplifier could not only augment my speakers, but also my TT cartridges.

I think the previous SU-G700 only had a MM phono stage (not MC).

Yeah I was told January and that Technics is moving their unit production from Japan to Malaysia (dealer said), don’t know if that’s true. So they were having some issues as far as when they can expect to get future products in.