GaN amps: Peachtree or LSA Voyager?

Peachtree 400 and LSA Voyager GaN amps: Does anyone have direct experience with both of these amps? Can you comment on any differences that might exist in sound? I know the internals are supposed to be the same but even if that is true implementation can make a difference. Both are highly regarded by those who own them.

Might also be helpful if you listed the rest of your system (Pre and speakers).

My current system is: Bricasti M3 DAC; Rogue RP-7 (NOS) pre; Bel Canto Ref600M amps; Fyne F1-8 speakers.

Thanks in advance!

markmuse

@markmuse :

“It is closer than I expected it to be”

The above line is what made me wonder if you specifically had a hunch one of these would sound better than the other.  But I get that you very well may have just not expected any two amps to be this close in performance.

Rest assured I have no angle in my questioning.  Like accusing you of “confirmation bias”, for instance.  You strike me as a seasoned hobbyist who calls it as he hears it after carefully assessing. 

@yyzsantabarbara If you are interested in the KEF Reference 1 I have a pair for sale. Less than a year old in mint condition. Walnut. See US Audio Mart.

Yeah, I had an LA-4. It would be too much of a good thing with the Voyager. It was great with the Rowland 535 monos though. I'm thinking more tubes, but maybe a little less bloomy than my current RP-7. Though I should probably change tubes. That might change the noise as well. The Rogue RP-9 looks interesting, as do some of the ARC reference preamps, and Atma-Sphere MP-3. Am I nuts or what?

@markmuse If you are inclined to go with tubes give the Schitt Freya+ a 15 day home trial. Only thing you have to lose is having more money in your wallet. It is a very quiet tube preamp.

@markmuse 

During your listening test, in addition to your analytical listening did you also do what I like to call musical listening… no analysis, just close your eyes and see which amp is the most musically and emotionally compelling… and with no fatigue from an hour or two of listening  

Its hard to turn off the brain and do this but at the end of the day it’s not the minute detailed differences in the amps that matter, it’s what makes you want to listen rather than do something else. 

@snapsc 

It is harder for more analytically inclined or obsessive people. I am not one of them.