Fuzzy Lyrics

I am new to the technical aspects audiophile world but I know what music is supposed to sounds like. I have two CD's where the vocals start to sound fuzzy. Is this the recording or something wrong in my meager system. The two CD's are recent recordings, one made earlier in 2000. At first I thought it was the recording because the first CD gets fuzzy in the exact same place of the same song. Please help.
jklotch
Concerning your fuzzy lyrics - Is it the new Sting CD, Brand New Day? It's not a bad CD musically, but the lyrics are really blurred on my system, which I consider to be a rather revealing system. On several of the songs, I simply can't understand what he is saying, a problem that I don't have with the rest of my collection.
There are too many potential causes to discuss here, and recording quality is just one, but the most common cause in my experience of fuzziness on vocals is poor vibration isolation of your components. I suggest you look at this first. Hard to comment further without knowing more about your system and its set-up (or even the disc in question).
Phish (Farmhouse) and a Keller Williams CD. If vibration were the problem, how come I don't hear similar problems on other discs. Vibration could very well be the problem because I haven't done much to control it.