Frustrated with Vinly

Hey All,

Just coming here to let out out my frustration with Vinyl. I know that Vinyl takes patience but it's frustrating when playing some of my newer records and they have noises that I do not want to hear. Meaning, I try to clean them and they still have noise (pops, crackles, etc). When playing at low volumes of course you do not hear as much but when I turn up the volume is when it gets irritating. 

I can understand if older vinyl would sound like this but these are my newer records that I bought (amazon or barnes and nobles).

Now, I know the products that I am using are probably not great in the first place and I will probably need to upgrade to some more serious cleaner).

Currently trying to use a combo of: Kaiu Vinyl record cleaning set and I have also tried the Audio Technica AT6012 Record Care Kit.

So now I am considering either a Spin Clean type system or Pro-Ject  VC-S2 ALU Type cleaning system.

Any suggestions?

I almost want to give up on Vinyl sometimes and stick to digital (cd, hi res files, qobuz streaming).

Current equipment: denon dp-300f w/2m blue cart.

Thanks

Jay
128x128jay73
The SOUND is not belt drive or direct drive, the SOUND is mostly the cartridge, but the belt drive are inconvenient, slow, not stable in terms of speed, cheaply made toys (not all of them for sure, but those mentioned by the OP are definitely not the best belt drive turntables at all and very expensive for a belt drive). I’ve checked the price for a Dr.Feickert belt drive for example and it’s over $7000 (at least it’s easy to swap the arms on this one and it's a good looking table).

Many people never heard of Technics, never tried it, all their life they thought it was made for DJs only (the biggest mistake), i assume they never seen an SP10mkII , SP20 or top of the line SP10 mkIII, and speaking of very expensive belt drive (that might be good too, but at much higher price) even brand new reference class SP-10R is still cheaper being the best new DD available today.

Chakster, 

I note from your profile that your origin is not America.  As an American Military Vet, and civil servant for decades, I have served based on the foundation that All persons are created equal endowed by their creator with life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  If happiness be digital great, if happiness be vinyl, wondetful, and if your feet are in both, all the better for your tolerance.  But, Jay came to this forum for help, and with courage, explained his priorty for happiness.  What he has received from some is analysis and criticism, to the point that he has had to defend himself - that is just WRONG!  This forum should be the exchange of knowledge and ideas, but when your individual opinion becomes so extreme that you are now forcing the other to defend themselves, its WRONG!. So myself being of the composition of See Something, Say Something, Do Something, this response is now presented, and Enough is Enough.  All ideas should be welcome, but lets try to be respectfull of one another.  If someone is having to defend themselves, then we need a gut check on the convseration, and maybe even an applogy.  Good evening and God bless.
This forum should be the exchange of knowledge and ideas, but when your individual opinion becomes so extreme that you are now forcing the other to defend themselves, its WRONG!

@antinn I do not force anyone, but trying to provide some facts, links, technical information, prices in comparison etc .. which is all helpful in my opinion, anyone can compile it together and make a decision.

But it is all based on my personal experience only, why not ?

If i am not in America does it really change anything ? It is only more difucult for me to buy anything that available in America in many shops, so living in America you can go to the shop to try those turntable and to compare them, i did that myself. I can not be you or anyone else to choose plastic belt drive for $2k instead of decent direct drive for $1.7k ... sorry.

Does it hurts your feeling each time anyone recommend Technics ?
I’ve been using mine since 1995 and it is still working like new (not in the main system now).

I love Technics, it is true, but not only this brand. However at the price point under $2k i can’t personally recommend anything else (apart from some better vintage direct drives). If you can do that please recommend your own choice of turntable on this forum and explain why, this would be helpful for OP to make a decision.

Otherwise i do not see your contribution in this thread or am i missed something ?

Let me do that again and you please tell me what is wrong:

-made in japan for $1700 (entire turntable)
-great tonearm, detachable headshell (easy to mount and swap cartridges without breaking tonearm wire clips)
-high torque, superb speed stability
-brand new direct drive servo from the most experienced brand in audio history (matsushita)
-high weight, heavy platter, adjustable feet
-pitch control
-RCA phono output
-easy to re-sell if needed

Chaksterk 

If you you read the earlier posts of this thread, I provided a detailed cleaning process.  Otherwise, being sensitive and trying to read between the lines of what Jay's desire is, my recommendation would be a fine American product, the Sota Commet V,   https://sotaturntables.com/products/comet-v/.  It is in his budget, the design I would think, but I may be wrong, is compatible with his desires.  Its a  great product from a long standing supplier, that he can call on the phone and discuss, get go long term support, and they have an upgrade path to serve him on his journey.