Floor Standing under $1000 Polk vs Paradigm

I am moving from monitors to floorstanding speakers. I am gonna have a baby crawiling around and don't want a 40 lb monitor to fall on her. I figure floor standing speakers will be more stable. I have a talk electronics cyclone integrated amp. It is SS and a solid 60 wpc. I am currently looking at Paradigm Studio 60 and Polk LSi 15. They seem in the same ballpark.Anyone have a chance to compare these before?
rnilson

Showing 2 responses by timrhu

I have owned both the Studio 60V2 and the LSi-15. Up front the Polks are much better speakers IMO. Bass is the only area where the Paradigms beat the Polks. In every other category, the LSi-15s excel. The tweeter Polk uses is phenomenal for the money, especially at used price, while the Paradigm tweeter is somewhat fatiguing. For reference, I've also owned Vandersteen 2CE Signatures, Meadowlark Audio Shearwater Hot Rods, Eminent Technology LFT-8As, as well as a few well respected monitors, and the Polks are the best sounding speakers I've owned.
I'm sure there are many suggestions but if it's between the two mentioned, go for the Polks.
I ran my LSi-15s with an 80 watt integrated for a while. Never felt anything was missing with 80 watts. If your amp doesn't mind the 4 ohm load, it would probably work fine.