Fisher SA300 biasing

Does anybody have any experience setting all of the power tube biases on this amp? The service sheet I was able to download doesn't have any bias currents or voltages listed, only a table of resistances for each valve's pins. There are 7 trim pots in there, one for each channel: hum balance, ac balance and dc balance, the seventh pot is for the power supply's -25v voltage, that's the only one that I understand. I was hoping for an easier way to do this other than calculations after reading from a resistor.
heyraz

Showing 1 response by heyraz

Thanks. Since I last posted, I've read up and think a dual trace scope isn't an unreasonable instrument to own and is perhaps the only way to get this amp perfectly aligned. I think Fisher had a precision amp in mind when it was designed, and although other users have been able to "rough them in" at first, they found that using a scope turned out to be the best way to get this amp to realize it's potential. I rather like the idea that Fisher put so many adjustments in there in the first place.