Fedex and Ups Damage thread

Just for giggles Wondering if your like to share your Damages from shipping.

Let me start thinks off.

Krell ksa-2 amp.  Knocked out of square   in for factory overhaul

Canary  ca-... Monos     Slammed, bent  back panel binding posts

Vac  140 monos   Completely destroyed 1 amp Lost the other...

Rogue 120 mons  Slammed back panel.

Jbl L300  Slammed broke out front baffle

ect..

128x128hiend2

Showing 1 response by parker65310

I had my Apogee Duetta II Signature ribbon speakers damaged by UPS a few years ago. The original cartons are encased in a super solid wood slat enclosure. They managed to puncture the bottom of one of cartons with a forklift, tear off several slats, and drop them. Thank god the puncture was below where the speaker sits. The left channel has a small sliver of damaged mdf on the top that I was able to wedge back in. I went back and forth all the time with their deplorable claims department for several months. They strung me along and then offered $250. You can imagine my response. I’ll always use a freight company from now on and make certain they are both on the same pallet. The left channel as a result has a bass buzz at a very specific low frequency range (the acoustic foam was going to inevitably fail anyway, but that doesn’t give them a pass). I’m getting them fully restored/upgrades anyway in May by Music Technology in VA. That experience still makes me angry when I think about it. UPS is absolutely horrible for large, fragile items. Live and learn!