FAKE NEWS - NEGATIVE REVIEWS NOT ALLOWED!!

The "You Know Who" rambling in this video appears to be spreading another falsity. It seems to be a coverup for his own agenda (that he’s trying to blame the shows for).

Here’s what I think the agenda is: "I can’t say anything honest on YT in the public domain. You need to get a paid membership at my website to hear the truth"

EDIT: Looks like someone from Axpona debunked it on the comment section as well.

deep_333

If an exhibit room sounds good it is. But if it sounds bad you don't know why. Is it the setup. Is it brand new gear that needs breaking in? I could go on. If you don't know why then negative comments hurt the equipment and you really don't know what equipment. Is it the software. Is it apiece of electronics. Is it the speakers? Did something fail when you heard the system? And the reviewer's bad comments can hurt a manufacturer when the equipment could be very good on a longer, real test. And if the manufacturer of the equipment is on shaky ground he could fail undeservedly. Bad reviews should ONLY come from long term use in a known environment. That's a reason I hate to read Jonathon Valens show reviews especially.

I agree with most of what you said @deep_333.

I didn’t watch the video. I won’t give these people the air in the room, or the clicks needed to generate their income.

Attention is the currency of social media. When these outlets collide with the world of audio, you have three simplistic approaches to drawing attention. One is the “look what I just found, it’s just the thing you need to be completely satisfied with your system”…until next week when the next “thing” gets dropped shipped at their door. Most Youtubers get dropped into this category, some going as far as trying to get in on the manufacturing end by dropping a new logo on another manufacturer’s said piece of savior gear (ironically a pirate ship)

Since approach #1 is getting full of “honest reviewers”, approach #2 requires promoters (they aren’t influencing anyone) to be the protagonist, fighting for you against the industry. “I’ll tell you what others won’t, but on my Patreon channel…don’t forget to subscribe!”

We seen approach #3 first hand on this site, where shills receive industry benefit by showing up in forums only to carpet bomb the place with tens of thousands of posts, who in the end, lose all credibility and are subsequently banned.

I’d rather read the press release or hear a manufacturer’s spokesperson tell me the benefits of their product and decide for myself if it’s BS. 

I have read an editors comment saying if he didn't like or wouldn't recommend it, they wouldn't print the review.  [For whatever that is worth].

I am not a reviewer and i already used some very well known reviewed product, i bought it and never spoke about it again by name , it was pure trash... Especially in an audio forum where there is many users...😊 I bought it because some reviewers dont censure themselves or have no idea about audio i dont know ...My friend was with me listening and he refuse to bought it ...😋

I have read an editors comment saying if he didn’t like or wouldn’t recommend it, they wouldn’t print the review. [For whatever that is worth].

then nevermind what a reviewer said read between lines and read about what he never dare to speak about ...

If i censure myself here about a product reviewers do the same ...ASR reviewers measured then they dont need to censure their opinions. I trust them only for low cost products. I reasd many users to confirm their measures revelations though ,. Measures are not enough ...  For high end you need more than specs verification ...