External DAC connection for Bluesound Node 2i (after "Another streaming newbie" thread)

Guys, just following recent topic raised by chuckccs, I found myself in similar situation because I was comparing Bluesound Node 2i sound via its analogue RCA output with its sound via external DAC (M2Tech Young DSD with external power supply). Difference was really marginal, especially taking into account additional cost of external gear (DAC, cable, PS). I connected Node to DAC via coaxial output, however not tried the optical connection. 
From those who got substantially better sound from Node 2i via external DAC I would like to ask which connection they used (coaxial or optical) and which cable they recommend, maybe also which DAC they used too. Thank you!
apanhc
Node 2i to RME ADI-2 DAC via either Mogami coax (1.5 m) or a good quality but inexpensive optical cable. They both sound the same -- excellent. From the RME: balanced cables to the amp, or direct to phones.
Good info here, thanks much.  Can the Node 2i transport DSD files to an external DAC?  One of the reviews suggested problems.

I have ripped 100s of SACDs and only need a streamer that can best transport those DSD files to my DAC.   I am comparing this Node 2i to other solutions such as the Allo USBridge/DigiOne with their LPS.
@jxo Check out RME forums: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=30979
I ripped CD’s to FLAC, storing on an external disk connected to Node 2i. I believe that these files are then passed intact by Node via the optical link to the RME DAC. Hoping the same would happen with DSD. Please check Node/RME forums and Reddit.
Wondering if anyone using the Node 2i on a mesh network? I was going to use a wired connection from an access point since I’m not close to the base but it would seem the access point is using the wifi so it wouldn’t make a difference wiring in the Node 2i or not. Anyone use a Khadas Tone Board as the external DAC? I currently have a Modi 3 as the external DAC which sounds marginally better but I’ve read good things about the Khadas since it uses the ES9038Q2M chip.
I was contemplating purchase of a streamer. A new friend who wanted to audtion my speakers brought his Cambridge streamer and Denafrips DAC over for a listening session.  I was sdo impressed that I bought a used Node 2i here on AG and love it, but....  the DAC does not quite cut it for me. Just puchased and recevied today a Denafrips Ares II. Chinese built and sold from their global distributor in Singapore. It is an R-2-R "ladder" style. This design has a different sound than a DAC that is based totally on a single chip.  The sound through his Ares II was spectacular. The sound at present from my Node 2i is "pretty good."  The Ares II gets rave reviews. Some call it a "giant killer" and compare it to DACs costing $5,000 and more. A more realistic review I read says it is by far the best DAC on the market for $1200 or less.  This DAC is selling on the used market for $700 to $800.  I paid 1028 Singapore dolars - which is $778 in US dollars - for a brand new unit with warranty, free shipping, and arrive from Singapore in about ten days.