External DAC connection for Bluesound Node 2i (after "Another streaming newbie" thread)

Guys, just following recent topic raised by chuckccs, I found myself in similar situation because I was comparing Bluesound Node 2i sound via its analogue RCA output with its sound via external DAC (M2Tech Young DSD with external power supply). Difference was really marginal, especially taking into account additional cost of external gear (DAC, cable, PS). I connected Node to DAC via coaxial output, however not tried the optical connection. 
From those who got substantially better sound from Node 2i via external DAC I would like to ask which connection they used (coaxial or optical) and which cable they recommend, maybe also which DAC they used too. Thank you!
apanhc

Showing 1 response by happycamper515

Wondering if anyone using the Node 2i on a mesh network? I was going to use a wired connection from an access point since I’m not close to the base but it would seem the access point is using the wifi so it wouldn’t make a difference wiring in the Node 2i or not. Anyone use a Khadas Tone Board as the external DAC? I currently have a Modi 3 as the external DAC which sounds marginally better but I’ve read good things about the Khadas since it uses the ES9038Q2M chip.