Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard the new Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne? Just saw this pic from CES 2011.

http://cybwiz.blogspot.com/2011/01/evolution-acoustics-mmmicroone.html

Any thoughts on this one?
rhohense
Hi, Iknev: If it were me I would just repackage the speaker since it is not that massive and send it back to be fixed under warranty. No doubt it will be painful not listening to your new speakers, but the last thing you want to do is compound the problem if you are not entirely sure how to replace drivers and crossover components, especially if you were to take out an amp channel or such. I have a pair of these speakers and have been lucky so far with no problems. Good luck with Jonathan--I am sure he will take care of you.
Personally, I would not consider replacing drivers.....work with Jonathan. Did you swap the 2 speakers to see if the reduced sound moved with the speaker? If it didn't, it's not the speaker. Do you use an AVR? If so, could you have set it up to raise/lower dbs in the left or right channel. Did you remove the grill and listen closely to each of the 3 speakers to see if it was a problem with all 3 or just one?
I just received my long-awaited center channel....happiness! I now have a matched set L/R/C. It replaces a very fine Vienna Accoustics center i've user for several years. The change in sound was noticeable out of the box, even to my wife who never focuses on audio like I do. I would say the blend across the sound stage is now noticeably uniform; when watching the playoffs, the sense of "surround sound" was better. Dialog seems to be a little easier to understand. It comes with a cradle since it lays on its side which is convex. Nothing to attach or assemble. The "tweeter" is rotated 90 degrees. We'll see how things change as it breaks in. Thanks JT.
I just heard them again at CES. I'm still struck by how loud they play and small they are.